I just want to start by saying that I try to respond to comments left on my blog. I have three of them now, so it’s kind of hard to keep up with home life, work life, and blogging life (x3). I do appreciate every single comment and reply as often as I can.
If you have never received a reply from me,
You might just be a “no-reply blogger.”
What is a “no-reply blogger” ?
Here is an example (true story, by the way):
1. Bill leaves a comment on Home is Where My Story Begins blog.
2. Home is Where My Story Begins has all her comments sent directly to her email.
3. Home is Where My Story Begins checks her email and reads Bills’s comment.
4. Home is Where My Story Begins is so excited! Bill is a teaching friend who she hasn’t heard from in years! She clicks reply.. and then it happens.
5. Up pops Bill’s name, but instead of his email address, it say’s email@example.com.
6. Without an e-mail address associated with his Blogger profile, no one can reply to any of the comments or questions that he leaves.
This happens ALL THE TIME. Someone asks a question, I try to respond, and then I can’t. They probably think I’m being very rude and just ignoring them! I’m really not. I’m a pretty nice person! I just have no way of contacting you!
Here’s how to fix the problem:
1. Click on the Profile link in the upper right hand corner of your screen. This shows up in my computer when I’m logged in with Blogger.
2. Click on Blogger Profile, then Edit Profile.
3. This will take you to the Edit User Profile screen.
4. Look in the Privacy section.
5. Check the box that says, “Show my e-mail address”.
6. In the Identity section, enter in an e-mail address.
7. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on Save Profile.
I hope that helps! If you aren’t interested in leaving your email with Blogger, you can always just email me directly. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a specific question, I will do my best to answer it. You never know, maybe your question will turn into an entire blog post, like Bill’s question! Well, I’m off to email my old friend now. It’s been a long time and we have lots of catching up to do.