I love the way it turned out. The kids did a very nice job! In the end, I really didn’t do much in the way of piecing the top together. The kids did most of the sewing and the adults did the supervising. I did end up doing the quilting, just because we ran out of time. I decided to go with stitch in the ditch quilting. Stitching in the ditch can be quite challenging when the ditch isn’t always accurate. ( If you’ve ever sewn with kids, you know that perfection isn’t the name of the game. ) As we were helping the kids sew the blocks together, we noticed that some of the blocks were a full half inch larger than others. We made it work though.
The Friendship Quilt for the school auction is finally finished!